BLP Maple Waffle Liquid Lipstick [Review]

3:59:00 PM

Hi guys ^^, you know that I’ve been always a lipstick collector and I never tried Indonesian brand liquid lipstick. Even I haven’t tried Makeover liquid lipsticks :(, I’ll need to get my hand on those when new shades are coming out. And that’s why, when I see new video from Lizzie Para that introduce these new lipstick, I immediately go to their website and buy one. There are three shades that are new, Ginger Bread, Maple Waffle and Pumpkin Sorbet. I really want to buy all of them, because all of these shades looks so pretty <3. But, because I never tried any of BLP lipstick’s formula, I bought only one and it is the Maple Waffle which is the most neutral/safe shade from this collection. Sorry for international readers :(, BLP haven’t give any option to shipping worldwide I’m afraid. So, if you have Indonesian friends, do not forget to ask them to buy you one to try :D.


I didn’t buy the Ginger Bread because I’m afraid that it will wash me off so bad (even though I really want to try it :(). The Pumpkin Sorbet though, it really looks bomb so maybe I will try to buy it later? These liquid lipstick are retailed for Rp 129.000,- and it is a good price for a good lipstick like this. So now, let’s see the review shall we? :DD

Packaging
The new packaging of BLP is super pretty and classy. It looks more expensive and cleaner. I am happy that she changes her old packaging and formula of the lipstick. The box also looks pretty, I totally love the BLP's packaging now, thumbs up for her and her company for this.


Claim
Nude lips lovers, unite! Imagine luscious chocolate shade with mauve undertone, just like a deeper color of pink to complement your lips effortlessly. Opt for this hue if you need a little pick-me- up.

Ingredients
Ingredients Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Diisostearyl Malate, Hydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate (Propylene Carbonate), Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate

May Contain:
CI15850, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 15850, CI 77492,
CI 42090, CI 45410, CI 77891, CI 15985

Texture & Swatch
I see that now she changes her formula of these lipstick and it turns out pretty much great. Before, I look at how it looks after turning matte and it looks gritty and not smooth. And that’s why I didn’t really want to try their lipstick before (Because I have dry lips and it will not look good on me). But now, after looking at how it turns out, I surely get one of it to try and to review it for you guys. It has a light-weight formula and not patchy at all. I only dip twice into the bottle for full lip application. This lipstick’s formula has a finish between matte and not matte. It is very comfortable on the lips, because it doesn’t make your lips look wrinkle. Because this lipstick not perfectly matte, it is not really transfer proof and kiss proof, meaning that it will transfer a bit. It is also not really long lasting, and you should re apply after eating hearty meal (do not forget to wipe off the excess at your lips first before reapplying this lipstick).


What Lizzie said about this color is, it is a brown-ish mauve color which is the most safe nude between the newest three shades.


Upper to Below Products (MAC Mocha, BLP Maple Waffle, Jeffree Star Gemini)

The wand is a doe-foot applicator, and it makes the application so much easier and quick <3. This is a nude color that is very safe and looks totally natural for every complexion. Especially, if you have a warm tone complexion, this will totally be a good nude color for you. For me, it is perfect because it doesn’t wash me off and it looks cool and feminine at a same time for me :DD. Soo much yaass!   

Scent
It smells like a sweet cookie dough or vanilla scented cosmetics, sweet but not heavily scented. I totally choose this kind of scent rather than the MAC ones :(. Very good for sensitive people who doesn’t like heavily scented cosmetics.  

Photos
Sorry, I butcher the application of all swatches :(. I totally love how this looks like!! With Brown-ish eye shadows using first Nubian Palette, it looks totally cool and feminine at a same time, no? <3 <3

Pros
  • It is cheap for how the formula looks and feel
  • Not drying on the lips and smooth, not patchy
  • Doesn’t make your lips look wrinkle
  • It is very comfortable and light-weight
  • The scent also very good and not heavy

Cons
  • It is not a fully matte lipstick formula
  • It is not very long lasting like how matte liquid lipstick supposed to be
  • You will need to reapply after eating hearty meal
  • It is not transfer proof and kiss proof

Conclusion
4/5
I am definitely impressed with Indonesians brand today <3. It is my first time using Indonesian brand liquid lipstick and yet I’m not disappointed at all. Not only formula wise, but their packaging also got better every time. I will try to get more of them if there are new releases that catches my eye. The price point is cheap yet the formula also pretty good. There are no heavy cracks like how Kylie liquid lipstick looks like and it is very comfortable to wear. 

Totally recommended for you guys who loves the not totally matte formulas, safe nude color and isn’t expensive. For notes, I would totally recommend you guys that have medium to darker skin tone to also get the Pumpkin Sorbet, which it would be totally cool to see you guys wear it :D.

That’s it for the Maple Waffle Liquid Lipstick from BLP’s review. I hope it will help you guys too choose to buy it or not :D. And do not worry, because I will have plenty of lipstick’s review that will be coming soon at my blog. So, don’t forget to hit the subscribe button or follow me at Google plus, because I will post more of these goodness. Thanks for reading this and see you at next post, XOXO!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Finally new formula! I've been hesitating to buy BLP since their last formula is not as good as the first one. Might try it later on. Thanks for reviewing!

    www.eandana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Andrea <3

      I don't really know how their formula feels before, but I can see how gritty they look at lips. I also do not find that gritty texture after application in this formula. So yeah, you should try her new formulas :DD.

      Delete

Subscribe